POPCORN STUDIOS - Review | Toronto Wedding Photographers & Videographers | Negative review


In todays blog post I will be talking about my wedding photographers/videographers, Popcorn Studios, Toronto

I don't like to come onto social media and give a business a bad name or do a negative review but I know that I have a responsibility to you guys to stay truthful especially since I still get messages on a daily basis about my wedding photographers/videographers. Although, most of you who have sent me messages about my wedding photographers/videographers, know about the problems I have encountered with them already. 

I have posted many wedding photos in the past, linking to the photographers giving you the impression that I was completely satisfied with their service. They were easy to work with while booking and during the wedding. However, I have had one of the worst experiences with them. I know exactly how important a wedding photographer is for the bride, groom and families. Your wedding photographers/videographers are meant to capture one of the most important times and days of ones life. We trusted these photographers to do this and they gave us full confidence that they would deliver everything in a timely manner with the greatest quality - that they advertise. 

I am on here now to say that I completely do NOT recommend these photographers/videographers and i want to make sure that none of my family/friends/followers/anyone reading this goes through what I have gone through since booking them. 
They have been a disappointment creatively and professionally. They do not care for customer service pre or post shoot. 

It's discouraging to see that they are constantly doing new shoots on their social media and taking on new clients while at the same time giving us excuses/reasons about why they haven't completed our work. 
We have gotten excuses numerous amounts of times now. and YES, it has been 10 months since our wedding. 

They let us know in December 2016 that they would not be able to get everything to us as promised and they would need a month longer, we gave them the leeway to take their time and get things to us when they could in January 17. It is now July 2017. 

It has now been 10 months since our wedding and we still do not have the final copy of most of the videos and a lot of the photos that were meant to be re edited (as per the contract) all of this was due in DECEMBER 2016 (also as per contract). We have now been chasing them up for 6 + months, up until last week where we finally got fed up with the excuses and false promises. We have now decided to use the raw footage (that we luckily received) and do it ourselves. 

The reason we have the raw footage was because when we received the wedding photos  it was very upsetting to see that most of the photos with my family had come out either blurry or people blinking/not looking. Additionally, there were many photos I believed were missing (such as photos with my bridesmaids from my Mendhi + reception and any photo of me with my maid of honour, yeah you read that right, there is not a single photo of me with my Maid of Honour in hijab). After which I kept pestering them to check and after they failed to I pretty much demanded the raw footage as they don't usually provide it (something most photographers don't usually give out). To our luck, they did give the raw footage to us and we are thankful for that. 

Here are a few other issues we had:
- For our eshoot I had a very specific theme in mind that I spoke to them about, which they were happy with, then closer to the date they said they had a new vision and even though I wasn't happy with it they were still persistent.
- Once I got the wedding photos I noticed most of my family photos had people blinking/not in focus 
- After the wedding the photographers hardly initiated a conversation or even attempt to notify us when the photos were ready, we just had to keep contacting them and frequently follow up when we wouldn't hear from them
- I was clear from the start that I would like Hijabi photos from each event, especially with my bridesmaids when they were wearing the bridesmaids outfits and it was very saddening to realize that they didn't take any! Instead they were in a rush to leave that day. 
- They were at my house on the day of my Mendhi where they were supposed to be taking photos and video yet there is no video from that time, not even in the raw footage 
- No video of my brother, the MC at the Nikkah 
- No photos with my bridesmaids from the reception 
- Many detail photos were missing eg. dessert table
- The wedding video was supposed to be Hijabi friendly (the wedding was segregated, so there were 2 sets of videos, I had requested for them to edit it in a way that I could watch the female side with my ladies and then the men's side wtih Irfan and our families) the video wasn't done the way I asked, it was edited in a way that I can't show it to Irfan or any of the males in my family. It has now almost been a year from the wedding and the groom STILL has not been able to watch his own wedding video.😔
- Some of the other videos were incredibly choppy and not done to the degree of quality they showed us at first contact, the video content did not flow or go with the background music, and some of the video had horrible sound quality. 
- Right after we received the reception photos I asked for some specific edits, still do not have them, luckily as a blogger I am able to do thes edits myself but it would be extremely difficult for someone who doesn't know how. Nor is it fair for me to do something that has been paid for

We can only hope that in the future they can use this message to listen to their clients as opposed to disappointing them. 

It's sad to see when a company that is so talented not live up to their full potential.






Comments

  1. I am definitely bookmarking this website and sharing it with my acquaintances. You will be getting plenty of visitors to your website from me!
    Wedding Photos Services
    Image Editing Services

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an honest post. I liked reading this. I also have to find a photographer for my destination wedding. Will be tying the knot with my fiancé at the prettiest Los Angeles wedding venues. Hopefully will find a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bilal Ahmed Shaikh is also an IT Trainer and his skills and knowledge are valuable. He enjoy sharing information technology (IT) skills with others and his specialties use skills to train new employees.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate this blog to share knowledge about this important topic. Here I found different segments and now I am going to use these new tips with new enthusiasm. Boutique wedding videography

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a nice work you’ve done here, Keep it up! And thanks for sharing, it’s really very helpful I have out something interesting too, Check this
    Software Education

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a nice work you’ve done here, Keep it up! And thanks for sharing, it’s really very helpful I have out something interesting too, Check this
    Software Education

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could see that you have wrote a negative review about photographers but not all of them are like that there are some top wedding photographers in chennai who can satisfy your needs with in the budget and you cant even see a negative review about them because they only give first preference to their customers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is Copiously distribution of art and media in Toronto, Photografika designated as the Best wedding photographers Toronto.pick the Best wedding photographers Toronto for your extremely exceptional day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts